Game function test, exercise and strengthen your short-term memory and help encode words in your long-term memory by asking you to remember a sequence of words from your word selection. It first presents a sequence of word one by one from a word group, and then asks you to repeat that sequence back. The selected group should contain at least 10 words for the game to play. Your score is the square of the number of correct answers you provided. The red color instruction near the bottom of the white rectangle tells you what to do next at each step of the game.
Below are the steps to play the game. You can also watch a video tutorial to learn how to play the game with the Game function.
- From VocabularyShop Home page click Game icon to enter Game function.
- Click the drop down menu below the Word Group label to choose a word group. You cannot choose a group having less than 10 words.
- Using the Game Size box to choose the size of the sequence.
- Follow the red color instruction, click the Start button; the first word in the sequence is pronounced and displayed in the white rectangle in the Question column.
- Click the Next button, the first word in the sequence disappears from the question column, and the next word in the sequence is pronounced and displayed.
- Continue to click the Next button until all words in the sequence are displayed, and a list of 10 words appeared on the left side of the white rectangle.
- Click among the 10 words one by one to repeat the previous word sequence. Your input will be pronounced and displayed in the white rectangle in the Answer column.
- Once you finish your input, both sequences are displayed. Wrong answers in your sequence are displayed in red, and your score is added to the score field.
- Click Start button to start another round of the game. You can change the Word Group and Game Size before click the Start button.