In VocabularyShop, we can say that there is a multidimensional, highly customizable digital flashcard for every word in a user’s word selection. The Browse function is used to browse through these flashcards quickly and easily, putting vast amount of information on the user’s finger tip.
The contents of each flashcard consist of two parts: the basic information about the word and the Dictionary Dialog of the word. The basic information part consists of pronunciation of the word, the primary definition of the word, possible sample sentence (s) and user notes of the word, as well as possible user attached image. Everything in this part is customizable. The Dictionary Dialog consists of the full dictionary definition of the word from the embedded dictionary and a full dictionary definition of the word from a selected online dictionary. Detail description can be found in the Dictionary Dialog of this guide.
Below are the steps to use the Browse function. You can also watch a video tutorial to learn how to use the Browse function.
- From VocabularyShop home page click Browse icon to enter Browse function.
- Click the drop down menu under the Word Group label then select a word group from the drop down menu, words from that group appear on the left panel.
- Click on any word in the left panel, that word, its IPA, and basic information of that word are displayed on the right panel. The word will also be pronounced, and the user can listen to the pronunciation at any time by clicking on that word again.
- The user can go to step 3 to check another word in the same group or go to step 2 to check words in a different group or click the Dictionary button to open Dictionary Dialog of this word.
- If the user clicks the Dictionary button, the Dictionary Dialog of the word opens, and the complete dictionary definition of the word from the embedded dictionary will be displayed.
- When in Dictionary Dialog, the user can customize information about the word or attach image to the word, or see the complete dictionary definition of the word from the selected online dictionary.